Me and my little people

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pages of Grace

There is a lady named Hazel at the nursing home where my grandmother has lived for the last 3 years. She is 92 years old and and can quote scripture like you wouldn't believe. She says it is her job at the nursing home to check on every person there each day. Her bible is marked and worn from a life well lived. I am sure if she were to write the story of her life that there would be pages and pages of grace. At a "newly" 36 years of age, I know God's grace. I know it because I don't deserve it and yet he continues to shower it on me. There have been many times in my life where I just wanted to run, but he pursues me and reminds me he isn't finished with me yet. My hope for this blog is to share life with you...my life and the life of others. I have fallen on my face more times than I care to count, but it is there where I have met my Father and been cradled in his unconditional love. It is in that pit that his glory covers me and his grace is shown. His grace is sufficient for my life and yours. I was reminded of a verse today in Luke 10:29-"But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor." I have encountered different people and situations in my life where I wanted to justify my actions or my words...and many times I have tried with no success. I hear God say to me, "Let me justify you Leigh." And he has...maybe not the way I would have prefered, but by bringing friends and strangers into my life for that very purpose. We all have a story to tell...some are prettier than others...and some have scars there to remind them daily where they have been. But we all have at least one thing in common...we were all created by a fun and beautiful God who loves us more than we could ever imagine. And Hazel...Oh I know she was created by God...may I have the same fire and passion for the God who has never left my side at 92 years old!!! That is a page of grace in my book.

3 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed your posts on FB and I'm looking forward to following you here. You are a strong woman with a huge heart who has touched many lives. I know your dad is so proud of you. I sure do miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to read more. Love your snow pic too. I think I've said this somewhere before, but those 2 sweet girls look a whole lot like an 8 year old YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! You're blogging:) I love the pic of you and your beautiful kiddos...look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete