Me and my little people

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Tough Lesson


There is a great quote by Maya Angelou..."When somebody shows you who they are, believe them the first time." I could have saved myself many a tough road if I would have followed those words. People are not always who they claim to be. Two people in my life who have always been consistent...my husband and my Lord. Both have loved me unconditionally...even when I didn't deserve it. Both are always looking out for my best interest...even when I am not. Both have never left my side...no matter how hard I have pushed them away at times. I am writing a short blog today as it is Saturday. I just wanted to share Maya's quote...may each of you recognize the people in your life who are of God...who are truthful, honest, respectful, and of good character...these people are a gift from God. And sometimes it takes the other kind to teach you who the good ones are!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late responding Leigh, but you are so right. I've learned this the hard way over the years but I do know who I can trust. Thanks for sharing. Janelle

    ReplyDelete