Me and my little people

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pure Irony


I was reminded this morning of what I call a "Boca moment"(that's Boca to the right...a moment when I want to be disguised from one of my airy moments)I had about a month ago. I was in one of my independent moods and decided "I could wash my car all by myself." Now let me just pause there for a moment and tell you that washing the car by myself means driving thru one of those car washes where you sit in your car as you go thru the machine...and when you come out on the other side you "vacuum it by yourself"! Feeling brave and strong this particular morning, I entered the car wash reading every sign as carefully and thoroughly as possible (ie..put your car in neutral, leave your car on). I was reading those signs so well that I proceeded to run my car right off the track in the car wash...lights began flashing, employees ran out, and the machine came to a halt. Let's just say the employees were a little frustrated with this mom in her big 4 wheel drive suburban...all I could do was smile with embarrassment. Needless to say they were able to back me out and "try" again. This time I made it thru! As I was driving thru, I began to laugh and think how my heavenly Father must be laughing too. I could see the irony in the situation and how closely it related to my life. God often leads me down his path and so many times I get distracted and end up stuck...but he is always faithful to back me up a bit and let me try again to get on the right path. I approached that car wash dirty and hesitant...as I was driving thru, I was covered by those waving flaps that kept me from seeing at that moment and were shaking all the dirt off my car...and then I came out clean and confident. Oh how I have had that same experience with God so many times before...I come to him often with all my faults and sins..and while I am in the middle of it, it feels very dark and like I am being pushed from side to side. And in that dark place God is working..he is working very hard to clean up the mess I have made and to use it for HIS greater good. Finally, I come out on the other side...with all the "mud and mire" stripped away and a new being in its place. Thank goodness! What a lesson God taught me that day there in the car wash! And I am pretty sure he told me to let someone else wash my car next time!?

1 comment:

  1. oh you KNOW i'm laughing at hearing this story for the second time......i think it got both FUNNIER and MORE MEANINGFUL! thanks! love,page

    ReplyDelete